Free shipping for orders of $150 or more
1 it first that soak the gauze in the cognac. In a bowl put the brandy and bath gauze. dress. The leave while prepare our duck liver.
2.Devain the foie gras. Remember to temper it and do it with care. Set aside.
3. drain well the gauze and stretch it over the table. Must at least 2 layers of gauze to well protect the foie from the salt. Place the liver wide open. Sprinkle with black pepper freshly ground and give turn it upside down.
4. sprinkle with Walnut nutmeg (best if is freshly ground), with the sugar and the cinnamon. Finish with pepper black freshly ground.
5. now we need to roll the foie gras pressing well so there are no hollows.Once the roll is fomred, will cover with the gauzen pressing well closing the curler. Then close well the sides. What we need is that is well pressed roll well cover by the gauze so that there are no parts exposed to the salt, no direct contact with salt.
6. on a large enough container, put a thick layer of salt. Place on it the foie gras and cover completely with salt fat. Leave in the fridge for about 30-32 hours depending on the size.
7. after this time, remove from the refrigerator. Remove the foie gras carefully. It is important to be careful so that the salt does not fall on the already cured liver. Set aside the gauze.
8 wrap well in plastic wrap twice, and let stand another 24 hours in the refrigerator before serving it. You can also cut it and freeze it directly. Serve with toasted bread . Gauze can be reused if well washed.