Free shipping for orders of $150 or more
For the soaking syrup
- 40 cl of water
- 300 g caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
For the vanilla sponge cake
- 4 eggs
- 200 g caster sugar
- 7 cl of milk
- 1 scraped vanilla pod
- 160 g flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 100 g of ointment butter
- 300 g of fromage frais
- 100 g of coconut powder
- 125 g raspberries
1. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, water and scraped vanilla pods and bring to a boil. Cook in small broths for about 15 minutes until the syrup begins to thicken.
2. Remove from heat and cool for a few hours.
3. At the end of this time, strain the syrup and pour it into a previously sterilized bottle. Keep cool.
For the cake
1. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
2. In a bowl beat the eggs, vanilla and sugar for 5 minutes to make the mixture foamy and well-aired. Add the warmed milk.
3. In a salad bowl, mix the flour and the yeast and sift this mixture over the egg mixture. Stir gently to obtain a homogeneous paste.
4. Pour the dough into a 15 cm diameter high hinged pan and bake for about 40 minutes (do not hesitate to cover the cake with foil if the top tends to cook too fast). Let cool and then unmold.
5. Meanwhile, beat the butter until it turns white. Add the cream cheese and icing sugar and beat again to obtain a thick consistency.
1. Cut the sponge cake in 3 in thickness to get 3 discs of sponge cake.
2. Place the first sponge cake on a cake dish. Soak it generously with vanilla syrup and spread a generous layer of icing on top and add some fresh raspberries. Repeat with the second sponge cake. Then add the last disc of sponge cake, soaked too, face cut down.
3. Cover the cake with a thick layer of frosting and sprinkle with grated coconut. Keep cool until ready to serve.
Recipe by Fraise & Basilic